School is back is session and that means schedules are ramping up and calendars are filling up with more events and less time! Here are some helpful points to consider to alleviate your stress as we transition back into the busy Fall season.
- List the things that cause you stress.
- Reframe things in the context of a larger positive plan.
- Recognize that troubles are temporary.
- Highlight the unavoidable responsibilities.
- Perfectionism only leads to stress.
- Know your limits physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
- When faced with a large task, break it down into smaller tasks.
- Enjoyment of life prolongs life and reduces stress.
- Avoid sugary snacks, smoking, alcohol, drugs, overeating and caffeine.
- Learn to relax through meditation, prayer and deep breathing.
- Physical contact with loved ones reduces stress.
- Social interaction is important.
- Find time to be alone for a little while each day.
- Talk to a friend or family member.